Our people are passionate
about what they do.
New Business Development Manager
Unfortunately this position is now closed.
We are inspHire!
inspHire are a market leading provider of software solutions and services to the hire / rental industry. Our solutions are used by over 1200 companies worldwide, we provide a powerful suite of software apps that run their businesses end-to-end.
This incorporates a full back office / front office system covering the entire business workflow – from asset management, purchase ordering, managing the hire contract life cycle, transport management, finance and invoicing right through to workshop job management, parts, stock control and much more.
Complimenting the main software are web applications, world-class mobile apps that run on Android for proof of delivery, inspections, workshop jobs and more; web portals for online ordering – we really are the ‘one stop shop’ for our customers, ensuring we can bring to them the solutions they need to run their businesses better.
As a company we are passionate about what we do, we are all working towards the same goals and are driven by success and constant improvement. We have a positive culture of self-development, trust in each other and help each other wherever needed. Many of us have years of experience within the business and we are looking for someone to join us who we can work with for the many exciting years ahead.
What are we looking for and what will you do?
Due to our rapid growth, inspHire are recruiting for a New Business Development Manager – you will be responsible for taking care of the solutions sales process from the point of qualification, finding out the prospects needs, pain points and challenges.
Following this you’ll book a solution meeting, whether it is on site or online and demonstrate our range of products to small and large audiences. One day it could be a very small business in a portable cabin with you, your laptop and the business owner – other days it could be in a boardroom presenting to 10+ people including company directors, with our other inspHire team members supporting you.
Our leads come from a fantastic internal lead generation team who will work with you and there will be an expectation for you to hunt out new prospects and leads using our internal CRM system.
That’s just the first step – the follow up from this point onwards is key, so the provision of a solutions outline and proposal with continued nurturing and a fantastic communication plan, until the point of contract sign off is of vital importance. Proving that we understand the prospect’s challenges and how we can solve them is what differentiates us in the marketplace and following the sign off of the order you will create a handover to our projects team who will bring your vision of how our customers will use our software to life.
The key here is versatility and adaptability, so you need to be the type of person who is comfortable with presenting to people who may never have seen software like inspHire before to others who will be well experienced with software, finance and ERP solutions. Having great commercial knowledge, questioning and problem-solving skills is also imperative.
We are not looking for a typical short life cycle salesperson, we are looking to find someone who is patient, understanding, trustworthy, with honesty and integrity who works with the prospect to identify solutions to key business problems they are encountering. inspHire salespeople take ownership of the prospect from the first meeting to the go live of the software and beyond. We will put a lot of time and effort into training you to be the very best you can be, we understand that getting the in-depth knowledge of our products and the way we work is no overnight job, so there’ll be a comfortably paced induction plan with a lot of nurturing from us to get you where you need to be.
- Willingness to gain a deep understanding of the hire industry.
- To ensure all sales targets and KPIs are met and exceeded as outlined by your line manager.
- Providing new business customers with face-to-face or online demonstrations of all of the products offered by inspHire.
- Providing a consultative sales approach that may require more than one meeting with the prospect ensuring that all key objectives are met during the meeting.
- Complete understanding and knowledge of all the inspHire product range, professional services and support offering.
- Providing the customer with an accurate pricing proposal based on their needs and where appropriate providing the customer with an in-depth proposal outlining all prices and detailing the solution.
- To follow up on all outstanding business and maintain a pipeline of incoming sales and to be able to project incoming sales over the coming months.
- Ensuring the Professional Services team are provided with a full Statement of Works document outlining the requirements of the project detailing the information gained within the demonstration to provide the customer with a project outline to suit their needs.
- Conduct market research around the hire industries we work with to gain understanding of what’s going on in that space – for example reading industry magazines and newsletter e-mails.
- To ensure the inspHire projects you sell run smoothly, until sufficient time has passed to be able to confidently hand the customer to an Account Manager who will continue to assist the customer after project completion.
- Being involved in development roadmap meetings to share ideas of future functionality to enhance the product range, bringing ideas from our customers and prospects forwards to the development team
- Working individually or collectively to create new software feature design framework documents to submit to the development team
- To provide support and advice in the pre-sales consultancy work, working alongside the Professional Services team, Helpdesk team, inspHire partners and third-party software suppliers.
- To keep up to date with all new software features, both in house and third party, ensuring the prospect is kept up to date with the latest new modifications if these will assist in the sales process.
- To use all internal tools, inspHire CRM and inspHire Corporate, according to the company procedure documents.
- To assist in helping other new sales team members with knowledge sharing and training where necessary.
- To work in line with the inspHire procedure documents that relate to the role of Business Development Manager.
- When required attend national and international trade shows and exhibitions.
- To attend monthly sales team meetings and fortnightly New Business focussed meetings to discuss development strategies, marketing campaigns, best practice and outlining all action resulting in all KPIs being met or worked towards.
- To ensure that the company is always promoted in a positive manner both internally and externally, and to work together with your colleagues to ensure a smooth and professional customer experience.
- To promote a team work environment, a positive attitude and a non-blame culture across the whole business.
If the above sounds like you then it’d be great to hear from you.
Starting salary - up to £30,000 basic depending on experience, plus £7,150 OTE commission (uncapped) and car allowance.